Dr Camilla George
Practice Owner & Dentist
I enjoy meeting people. My favourite part of my job is getting to know my patients. Seeing over time how they become more aware and proactive of their own oral health is so rewarding.
We have built a reputation for seeing nervous patients. I have immense job satisfaction in helping a patient become confident receiving dental treatment when they have previously had a bad dental experience.
When I’m not “drilling ’n filling” and looking into people’s mouths, I love to paint. In my spare time I prefer oil painting but have recently tried paint pouring in acrylics which are on display in our gallery. Like Gabriella, I also like to crochet, and we hope to do some window displays in the near future.
- BSc Honours in Physiology at the University of Wales, Cardiff in 1999
- BDS Dentistry at Charles Clifford Dental School, University of Sheffield in 2004
- MFDS RCS (Eng) 2005-2007.
- MSc in Forensic Odontology 2011-2013
- LLM (Legal Aspects of Medical Practice) Cardiff Law School 2018
Camilla is a member of the following associations
- Faculty of Dental Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons, England and
- Associate Member of the American Academy of Forensic Sciences
- British Association for Forensic Odontology.
- Fairford and Lechlade Business Club
Trainee Dental Nurse
It’s hard to pick a favourite part of my job at the moment as I am still in the early days of my training and I am enjoying all aspects of my role. I love meeting all of our patients, learning about them and their lives. I find Invisalign fascinating and think that it’s amazing what outcomes can be achieved by it. I also enjoy setting up for the day! I take time to make sure we have everything out that we need and that the surgery is clean and ready for use.
Outside of work, I have two young children with my husband, and also a dog, so I love to go out walking with the family and making memories with them. I really enjoy crocheting and I’m in the middle of a project of making a little toy elephant for my daughter. I also enjoy gardening and have got an allotment, which we plant with all different vegetables from onions and potatoes to squashes and cucumbers!